Saturday, July 25, 2020

"Everything has two handles..."


I went to a talk by James Baldwin some years ago and was rather bemused by his obvious disdain for his audience..we were in Baton Rouge a strong- hold of white supremacy for the last few centuries. However he started to ramble on and what I remember mostly was his describing the "vast prodigious  negro sexual drive"...one of the audience members, a young man,  was so disturbed at being  a white male that he stood up and asked Mr Baldwin how he might atone for his sin of white maleness...it was disgusting...now I don't have much "white guilt" despite some folks assurance that I should..I do however recognize that "people of color" are not on a level playing field in American society. In Africa in recent times there have been Africans killing Africans by the hundreds of thousand and not because of their color but because of their tribal affiliation. I have yet to hear anything about African-American racism...which is alive and rampant in some places in this country...don't like whites, dont like asians, dont like latinos...racism! I do admire Mr Baldwins literary accomplishments and his social commentary considering he has no college degree...but I can't say I like his writing much. I picked up a copy of this book and found it good reading.."Out There-Mavericks of Black Literature" Darryl Pinckney

Jean-Baptist Belley (1747-1805) born in Senegal and transported to Saint-Domingue as a slave, acquired freedom, joined French army, became landowner and slave owner and became chief of police. Now should this mans accomplishments be denied him because he was a slave owner..                                                                                                                                                                        Abwehr are alive and well in this country... Elie Wiesel-number A-7713..don't forget
 so are the anarchist- "License they mean when they cry liberty." Milton
 "Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime" Aristotle "Politics"                                               Justin Rosenstein- co-inventor of the "Like" button on Facebook...you know I don't think I could live with a like button in my life...                                                                                                            Been spending some time with Oggetti di lussuria also known as the "PINK METH" I am apparently not the only viewer insofar as there seems to be gazzilions of sites available                                         I guess this makes me an onymous outre ofay...I can live with that

on a happy note..until it thaws1.5 Adelie penguins discovered on Danger Island using drones

I may be being stalked by an older blue chevrolet truck  Alaska licence plate number 7R46MB

"Everything has two handles-by one of which it ought to be carried  and by the other not." Epictetus this is the first quotation I ever collected in my notebook...it has served me well

                                         a couple of visitors to my campsite recently

No comments:

Post a Comment