Saturday, June 4, 2022

Many a person will have the courage..."


       Putin is on my list...

all day and all night the radio has sad tails of humans who have lost their balance and have succumbed to "reptiles of the mind" as it were...what is the solution? I sometimes imagine myself sitting in a lawn chair...on the moon...looking down at the planet Earth and trying to imagine what it would take not to get mentally trapped by the madness which seems to overcome so many people...and i figure if i would just, first of all acknowledge that i am an EARTHLING...nothing more...nothing less...rejecting all the labels which have been stuck on me since i was born...EARTHLING!...now I have a little breathing room and can politely...or not...reject those folks notion that I must be this way or that way..wear this color or that...be enthusiastic about this politics or that politics and finally embrace my true heritage...EARTHLING...along with all the other species of earthlings and try to show some respect for the fact that my species of earthling should acknowledge the reality that all the other species also have to make a living on this planet...

"Many a person will have the courage to die gallantly, but will not have the courage to say, or even to think, that the cause for which they are being asked to die is an unworthy one. Obloquy is, to most people more painful than death. " Bertrand Russell (1950)

No comments:

Post a Comment