Wednesday, March 6, 2013

"But then I sigh..."

                                          this cartoon stolen from new yorker magazine

sitting on the stationary bike
my gaze shifts from left
to right
to left
at 20 t v screens
10 stations
28 stab wounds
2 shots to the head
you go girl
sinkhole got the wrong bush
but wait
what is this
the weeping preachers
what in the hell are these people
trying to sell
that s o b is showing pictures of kids
squatting in dirty water
drinking from a five gallon kettle
while cows in the back ground are
pooping in the water
and this preacher is asking for
all the money you can spare
if you only have 48 bucks
send it all he says
and we will drill wells for these
poor unfortunate people
these people need a course with
ms manners
and a few coffee cups
and turn those cows into bar b que
wise the hell up people
get into the 21st century
plant some vegetable gardens
get some goats and chickens
put that preacher on the bus back to the airport
wake up

"epoca de vacas flacas" as they say down south of here

"But then I sigh, and with a piece of Scripture,
tell them- that God bids us do good for evil:
 and thus I clothe my naked villainy with old
odd ends, stolen forth of Holy Writ:
 and seem a saint when most I play the devil.
Why, I can smile, and murder while I smile:
 and cry, content, to that which grieves my heart;
 and wet my cheeks with artificial tears,
 and frame my face to all occasions.
                                                Shakespeare

got to go
mr cayetano

No comments:

Post a Comment