Tuesday, May 12, 2020

"I have a rendezvous with death..."


            eastern bluebird     and my raven friend seeking groceries

mr raven awoke me this morning
with a loud cawing and more cawing
until I rose to smear some peanut butter
on a rock in the food area
but not being in the mood for such
sticky food he ignored it and instead
danced around with his friends until
they arose on the wind and swooped
acrobatically through the pines...

"I have a rendezvous with Death
At some disputed barricade.
When spring comes back with rustling shade
And apple blossoms fill the air." 

"And to my pledged word am true
I shall not fail that rendezvous."
 
                           Alan Seeger (1916)
 "I have a rendezvous with Death"

Ms. LeBlanc @Coronet Apts.
Number 1001
California Ave.

"

No comments:

Post a Comment