Wednesday, June 23, 2021

"The person who emerges from childhood..."



     Colorado Chipmunk and short horned lizard....my friends in the forest

awoke early enough to watch the BBC news on the television and there was a story about                        a report on climate change that was leaked to the news organizations....it wasn't nothing nice!                  as has been predicted for years and years the melting of the ice caps is causing the melting                       of the ice caps which is causing the melting of the ice caps....and making things warmer which               is drying things out and causing them to burn and that is part of the Cascading Effect which means         the situation for the inhabitants on this planet is going to change...just as predicted many years ago...      But! the good news is that the planet can expect another ice age due to the tilting of the planet and          also because the orbit of the planet will take it further from the sun...and also another reason which         I forget...but look it up...But! the bad news it may be 100,000 years before this cooling begins to            to happen...I probably won't be here for the next ice age so I figure I better see what I can of the              planet while me and the planet are fairly healthy....someone asked me recently about COMMUNITY      as if I was supposed to say I love my neighbors or my neighborhood or my city or my state or my           country....I have had some pretty good neighbors for the last 20 years or so because I spent so much       time around lizards and chipmunks and foxes and such as that....the people are not my favorite               neighbors....I am fairly fond of the planet Earth and wonder if humans will have the ability to                 engineer the environment so that more of it will be saved from destruction due to the environmental      changes. I have some DVDs about "Super Engineering" feats humans have accomplished from the         building of the pyramids to the building of super skyscrapers to the building of Mac trucks....and          I must say it is pretty impressive what humans can accomplish. I guess if a little more incentive is          needed by the "government" to actually start building the "infrastructure" thing in this country maybe    the fires and floods will incentivize the congress.  or not.                                                                            the animals above cannot drive out of the forest to escape the fires which now threaten their homes        and the environment they need to survive...I suppose if more people become interested in keeping          the wildlife alive some places can be set aside where these animals can be cared for until their                habitat returns...but that may be a long time off... 

"The person who emerges from childhood and raises their eyes does not find nature, as it were,              pure and naked around them...they are so enclosed within imposed acclimatization's, conventional          usages, favorite customs, venerable traditions, treasured monuments, beneficial laws, and so many         splendid products of  art that they never learn to distinguished what is original and what is derived."                                                                                                                                            Goethe

No comments:

Post a Comment