Saturday, October 12, 2019

"Work ethic is not a moral virtue..."

                                               spider on the road this morning

I saw a guy with a t-shirt on with a bunch
of writing on the back which basically said
that if you were not an oil-field worker you
and your job were inferior to all oil-field work
and workers...I think he must have had some issues
I spent a lot of time in the oil-field and the petro-chemical
industry and do not
consider the work to be any better or more
important than most other jobs...a few jobs do
seem sort of pointless and some even seem
dumb...(I don't want to sell sun-glasses in a kiosk in
the Mall) but a gig is usually needed to pay the bills.
I recently got an e-mail from a fellow who was
promoting the efforts of some folks who had hung
banners from a bridge to bring attention to
WHAT? themselves apparently...they asked me
to give them some money to bail the bridge climbers
out of jail...well DUH! I DONT THINK SO!
I get a bit annoyed when the entire petro-chemical
industry is described as villains...it just ain't so.
My first job on a oil rig was an Exxon production
rig and one of the fellows in our bunkhouse was from
New Orleans. He shaved his legs. This was 1973 and I
had not seen a lot of mens shaved legs. His friend
in the bunkhouse said he dressed as a woman when he
was on shore. Sort of surprised me but that was then.
This trans-fellow stole two of my library books and
I had to ask him for them back but he only returned one.
So there are all sorts of folks in the petro-chemical industry
good and bad just like there are all sorts of trans-folks
good and bad.

"Work ethic is not a moral virtue. It's actually a biological
condition which can be fostered, purposefully, through
activity that increases dopamime." Jane McGonigal
                                                          "Super-Better"

PRONUNCIAMIENTO

No comments:

Post a Comment