Thursday, February 9, 2012

"All men dream but not equally."



i had a dream
some more
again
the earth opened up and swallowed my truck
the truck turned over and spilled
everything into the hole
in the earth
i barely escaped
i wept bitterly
lots of significant imagery
what’s it all mean mr. natural

went to the irs last week
waited in line to see the guy at the desk
two guys ahead of me
they go up to the desk
they are deaf
they speak in sign language
they start out calmly
then become increasingly animated
soon they are yelling
with their hands
screaming
pointing at their paperwork
eventually they become disgusted
and leave
a lot was said but
not a sound was heard
i get my advice from the desk and leave
i return to the irs this week
i get in line
 the guy behind the desk
gives me the hand gun
you know he makes a gun with his hand
and points it at me
i’m being shot
by the federal employee
he is black
if i were in his seat and he were
where I am
i would lose my job
or at least be reprimanded
where’s the equality

i am inspired by others
listening to a woman on the radio
who says we have to address inequality
the bigotry
the slander
and speak out against it
dr. mary frances berry
an inspiration

i am subjected to harassment daily
on the job
at the store
in my home
i am not loved
the local constabulary
does not love me
the long arms of the law want
to put the squeeze on me
sid the squid and his squidlettes hate me
but i am inspired
i must persevere

at my job as an extroid i am
subjected to harassment
the old girls sit around and malign me
they say things of a sexual nature
things that would get me fired
if i said them
they lack sex appeal
“Woman’s virtue is mans greatest invention.”
                                  Cornelius Otis Skinner

i have been subjected to harassment
and even threats of violence
for speaking out against persons who
are seeking unwarranted entitlement
these particular people are becoming
increasingly dominant in business
they seek unconstitutional favor from government
they say they have a long tradition of aggressive
behavior and domination and superiority
above all they extol loyalty
“My honor is my loyalty”
         motto of the Schutzstaffel (German SS)
these people have become a fungus in society
semper fungus

i am told that if I do not behave
according to their rules
i will not have a roof
or a floor
or a door
or windows
and my legs will be cut off
and I will get no time
and my color is no good
and on
and on
and on
who are these people
do they know I live in a country
where men and women have
fought
and died
and are dying every week
to protect my freedom
that’s not a dream
that’s reality
dead people
who were told to fight
and die
to protect my freedom
i must do my part
by demanding and fighting
for my freedom
in this country
or their lives were given in vain
i  must speak out against tyranny
and the daily abuses of power

we as a nation are being subjected to
the vain notion that some people
deserve better treatment than others
we must fight against the tyrants
freedom is always under siege
it’s not a dream

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

i need to go
back to the circus
mr. cayetano



No comments:

Post a Comment